Pietra introduces us to Nelson and Ruth, owners of the Reinsch Cotton Farm, located in West Texas. Through this lens we are exposed to the amazing longevity of American cotton dominance. What we don’t get is an explanation as to why.
This is part of a chapter by chapter reaction to The Travels of a T-Shirt in the Global Economy: An Economist Examines the Markets, Power, and Politics of World Trade.
- Introduction to the T-Shirt Travels Review
- Chapter 1: Cotton and T-Shirts
- Chapter 2: Cotton, T-Shirts and Technology
- Chapter 3: Tees and Dream Teams
- Chapter 4: T-shirts and Eskimos
- Chapter 5: Apparel and the Industrial Revolution
- Chapter 6: T-Shirt Globalization
- Chapter 7: The Snarling Army
- Chapter 8: Are T-shirts Actually Too Expensive?
- Chapter 9: T-Shirt Quotas
- Chapter 10: Lifecycle of a T-shirt
- Chapter 11: Final Chapter – Final Thoughts