The letterman jacket. The coveted team number, passed down from the legendary senior player to upcoming underclassman star. From banners and posters, to facepaint and homemade signs – there’s no doubt that what we wear and adorn ourselves with to show school spirit is important! This rings even more true when it comes to your cheerleading squad. The team that encourages all the other teams to perform with spunk and tenacity needs clothing that keeps them connected to the teams they support and to each other. Printed cheerleading shorts go beyond the typical team tees and add an unexpected, fun element to the squad’s wardrobe.
Here are a couple of creative ideas to start with. If you have ideas to add (and you might- you’re the one with the clever cheers!), share them in the comments below.
- Use the shorts as a part of a formation – rearrange letters to spell out favorite plays, players, or celebrate a score
- Make each squad member feel important by including their name or nickname
- Get creative with patterns! If your mascot is a tiger, for example – add some cool stripes to your squad’s shorts.
- Let them show their pride – “I <3 Cheer”, “Cheerleader”, etc. Just remember to keep it relatively pithy, there is limited room on the back of the shorts.
- Call on your fans to help cheer you to victory by printing fun commands like “FIGHT” “WIN!” and more.
- Work with pop culture trends like current songs. If you add text on your cheer shorts just as you do with each season’s cheer routines, and the result will be a fun, memorable piece of cheer wear.
We will be happy to work with you and your team to create customized shorts that reflect your school’s unique spirit. Give us a shout to get started!